Honey Cinnamon Overnight Oats
If you haven't tried the "overnight" oats version of oatmeal yet...well...then you should, because you're really missing out! They're prepped the night before in a matter of minutes and ready to go in the morning when you're half asleep and tripping over your feet. You can relate, amIright?
The oats soak up all the milk, honey, and other deliciousness you add as they chill overnight. They're eaten cold, typically, but can be nuked for a minute if you want them warm.
The possibilities for overnight oats are endless, but I loooooove the honey cinnamon combination. This version has chia seeds. I like to sneak those guys in my food whenever I can. Soooo nutritious, and you'll never know they're there. I always add fresh fruit and nuts to my oats in the morning too - usually in the form of banana and walnuts.
These oats are a breakfast staple for me - along with my Peanut Butter Power Bowl.
- 1/2 cup whole oats
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (So Delicious)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp pure honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Fruit for topping (optional)
- Nuts for topping (optional)
- Additional milk for topping (optional)
- The night before, mix together the oats, coconut milk, chia seeds, honey, and cinnamon in a bowl and cover with saran wrap
- Stir mixture the following morning and top with nuts, fruit, and additional milk if you choose