Cucumber Radish Salad with Creamy Yogurt Dill Dressing
Everyone loves cucumbers, right? But, radishes? They need some more lovin. I think they're often ignored by shoppers in the produce section. I started buying them in bulk about a year ago and tossing them in my Everyday Spinach Salad. I have a radish addiction now. They're crunchy and refreshing with a surprising "bite".
Not only are they super duper yummy, they also offer a plethora of health benefits...
Radishes are anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. They're packed full of vitamins and minerals including potassium, vitamin C, folate, fiber, manganese, copper, magnesium, calcium, vitamin B6, and riboflavin. Additionally, radishes aid in weight loss, help treat certain cancers, cleanse the skin, treat insect bites, protect the kidneys, and regulate the metabolism, just to name a few!
Wow, what powerful little guys. We should bow down to the radish.
I think the cucumber radish pairing in this salad is perfect. They compliment each other well. And then add the creamy yogurt dill sauce over top and you've got yourself a delicious little summer dish. I served this on Mother's Day and there wasn't a drop left in the bowl.
- For the Salad
- 1 hot house cucumber
- 1 bunch radishes
- For the Yogurt Dill Dressing
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced or micro-planed
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- salt to taste
- Wash the cucumber and radishes and thinly slice.
- Place sliced veggies in a colander with a large bowl or towel underneath and place in fridge for at least 2 hours to allow moisture to drain from the veggies. This step is important or too much liquid will end up in your salad.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients and keep cool in fridge until the cucumbers and radishes are ready.
- Before serving, pour the yogurt dressing over the cucumbers and radishes and mix well. Taste and add additional salt if necessary.
- Sprinkle salad with additional dill to garnish (optional)