Double Dark Chocolate Brownie Cookies with Avocado
Hello, Friends! You may have noticed things look a little different over here. I just recently transferred this near and dear food blog of mine from WordPress to Squarespace, and in the process a lot of my (and YOUR) favorite recipes were lost in translation (booooo) - like this one! I was able to recover the recipe and after re-doing the photos, I wanted to get it back out on the Interwebs ASAP!
For those of you NEW to this double dark Chocolate Brownie Cooke recipe, well, you will NOT be disappointed. Especially if you like chocolate, and brownie's, and ultra soft gooey cookies. These are a mix of all three.
AND, these perfect little cookies are made without flour, and with an entire avocado. Whether your an avocado fan or not (how dare you if not!), you can not taste it (bonus for kids who won't touch it!). Yes that's right. Can't see it, can't taste it, but all the nutritious goodness is there for your body to absorb.
I have a feeling this may be your new go-to cookie recipe. Enjoy!
DOUBLE DARK CHOCOLATE BROWNIE COOKIES WITH AVOCADO RECIPE
- Ripe flesh of 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 1 organic egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate mini chips
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350* and line a sheet tray with parchment paper
- With a hand mixer, cream together avocado and coconut palm sugar
- Add egg and beat until well combined
- Add cocoa powder and chocolate chips, and beat until well combined
- In a small dish, dissolve baking soda in water than add to batter, mixing well
- Use a spoon or small cookie scoop to drop batter onto sheet pan, about 2 inches apart
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (mine are always perfect at 9 minutes!)
- Let cool before serving
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Also great in freezer!
Notes: These cookies are ultra soft. Make sure you cool completely. They hold up best in fridge. To mix up flavor, you can add 1/4 teaspoon mint extract or almond extract!