Clean Shamrock Shake
Let's talk Shamrock Shakes.
You guys, a 16 oz shamrock shake is 550 calories and packs 82 GRAMS OF SUGAR. That's nearly 21 teaspoons of sugar. Let that sink in...(to your waistline...thighs...belly...)
I'll be the first to admit, I've never actually had one. I know, right? How can I even come up with a copycat recipe for something I haven't even tried? Just please trust me here. :) I am sure they are absolutely delicious in all of their rich, sweet, creamy goodness; a minty green vanilla shake - loaded with whipped cream and topped with a cherry. I can taste it, and you bet I can recreate it!
As I'm not about depriving ourselves of cravings and the occasional treat, I love finding alternative versions that taste nearly identical but use REAL FOOD ingredients when I can.
The colossal amount of sugar loaded inside a Shamrock Shake is not going to help our summer waistlines - nor is it going to make you feel good. OK, maybe in the 5 minutes it takes you to slurp down, but the after effects will likely leave you sluggish, sick, and regretful.
I guarantee this CLEAN Shamrock Shake is JUST as creamy, sweet, and delicious as the original. AND, it's not loaded with sugar, artificial ingredients, and food dyes derived from petroleum.
Yeup, that's right, our food dyes are made in labs with the same substance found in gasoline, diesel fuel, asphalt, and tar. YUCK.
The pretty green color in this shake is derived from natural foods - spinach and avocado. And no, you can't even taste them!
Clean Shamrock Shake
- 1/3 cup high quality vanilla protein powder ([url href="https://www.sproutliving.com/" target="_blank"]SproutLiving[/url], [url href="https://rfvitamins.com/products/ultimate-natural-whey-protein/" target="_blank"]Natural Whey Protein[/url])
- 1/2 of a frozen banana
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado, pitted
- 1/2 tsp pure mint extract
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 cup vanilla coconut or almond milk. More or less for desired consistency (plain almond/coconut milk works also)
- homemade whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings for topping (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender (less toppings), and blend until smooth and creamy!! Top with homemade whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings!
Make vegan by using vegan vanilla protein powder!